How to change Blink camera batteries
It’s simple to change Blink camera batteries once you know the steps.
Is the light on your Blink camera flashing red constantly? This could indicate a low battery.
After all, AA batteries don’t last forever. If you have been using your Blink camera for more than a year, and it is acting up lately, changing the battery can fix the issue.
You can check the battery status in the Blink app to confirm this.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through easy-to-follow steps to replace the batteries for your Blink camera.
How to replace Blink camera batteries
The steps for replacing Blink Camera batteries will vary depending on the model, but the basic process will be the same.
We’ll use the Blink Indoor and outdoor cameras (3rd generation) for our example.
Unmount the camera
Unmount the camera and disconnect it from any other attached accessories.
Open the battery cover
Remove the battery door, using a flat-head screwdriver or small coin to open the fastening screw.
Replace the batteries
Replace the AA lithium batteries with fresh ones.
Replace the cover
Push the battery cover back on, and refasten the screw if it has one.
That’s it! Your 3rd-generation Blink indoor and outdoor camera batteries have been successfully replaced.
Replacing XT and XT2 Blink camera batteries
Replacing the batteries in the XT and XT2 Blink cameras is slightly different from the 3rd Gen cameras.
- Turn over the camera. You will see a gray switch with an arrow pointing down. Slide the switch in the direction indicated to release the cover.
- Once the cover is removed, you can access the battery compartment.
- Now, carefully take out the old batteries from their slots and insert the new ones.
- Close the battery cover by aligning it properly and sliding it back into place.
Replacing 1st generation Indoor Blink camera batteries
Here’s what to do to replace the batteries in the 1st generation Indoor Blink camera.
- Locate the back cover of the camera.
- Now press the latch, which will be found on the bottom of the camera, to remove the back cover.
- Once you remove the cover, gently pull out the old lithium batteries and replace them with new ones.
- Put the back cover back in place by aligning it properly.
Now you know how to get your Blink cameras juiced up again
Blink’s cameras run on AA lithium batteries, which need replacing about once a year. Changing them out is a fairly straightforward process.
The most important thing to remember is you need non-rechargeable batteries, as the rechargeable ones aren’t able to supply enough current.
Maybe in the future, Blink can redesign its cameras to use the lower current of rechargeables, as they’re more ecofriendly.
Energizer isn't the only Lithium non-rechargeable battery company but you know what to expect from the brand with the never-stopping pink bunny.
- Why won’t my Blink camera’s blue light turn off?
- How to set up your Blink camera
- How to connect Blink cameras to Alexa?
- How to connect Blink cameras to Wi-Fi?