Tech Hangover: Sony and Apple had a pretty good day
We got two pretty big announcements today.
We get it, you have a life. There’s no way you can read all of the day’s news in one single shot, let alone visit every web page, which is why we’re here to help. Well, sort of.
There’s a ton of tech news we weren’t able to cover throughout the day (hey, give us a break, we’re a small independent outfit), so to help you stay up to speed with everything we didn’t get to, we rounded up some of the biggest stories, which should help you keep up to date. Hence the tech hangover.
Here’s some tech news you probably missed out on today (and when we say you, we mean us, but also…you).
This announcement came out of nowhere. But yea, a new iPad Pro with trackpad support. It’s pricey, but still pretty dope.
I watched this event and man, it was hard to keep up. Like, it was a very technical presentation and a lot of the stuff just flew over my head, barely getting the gist of it.
Sony has broken its silence. PlayStation 5 specifications are now out in the open with system architect Mark Cerny delivering a deep dive presentation into the nature of the new hardware and the ways in which we should expect a true generational leap over PlayStation 4. – Eurogamer
I’m not good with change, especially when everyone else and their mother is working from home right now.
Slack is unveiling a big redesign to its communications app that starts rolling out today to make things a lot simpler to use. If you’re a Slack user, you’re probably used to some of the quirky ways the chat app works and how parts of the user interface are hard to discover and customize. – The Verge
If you’re someone who uses Zoom or any other video conferencing software/app, you’ll know they’re a pain to use. Around hopefully changes all of that.
Something like this sort of happened to me yesterday, but it wasn’t related to Coronavirus. But it looked exactly like this. Who knows. Who cares.
Facebook is blocking users from posting some legitimate news articles about the novel coronavirus in what appears to be a bug in its spam filters. – Business Insider
And in just case you missed some of our stuff earlier, here’s what you may have missed:
- 5th Gen Waymo driver to innovate autonomous vehicles
- Call of Duty: Warzone battle royale solos diary
- Sony plans on unveiling the PlayStation 5 today – watch the live event here
- Apple released a new iPad Pro and Macbook Air – here’s everything you need to know
- The U.S. government wants to track your phone to curb the spread of Coronavirus
- JBL’s Link View smart speaker works just like a Google Nest Hub – right now it’s only $70
- Score a Samsung tablet insanely cheap in this massive one-day sale at Woot
- Score a 2-year subscription to NordVPN at 66% off right now
- 4 things everyone should know about free VPN sites and extensions
- Take $200 off of Jackery’s new massive portable power station in this one-day sale