Apple is making select Apple TV Plus shows free for everyone – here’s what they are
Hey, free is free.
Finding new stuff to watch can always feel like a chore, especially if you only subscribe to one streaming service. Well, if you’re looking for something new and want to swim in new waters, Apple TV Plus is making a bunch of its original programming free to watch for a limited time.
But here’s the kicker, you’ll need a device that supports the streaming service. This includes Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, a Mac, Amazon Fire TV, Roku devices, and compatible Samsung and LG smart TVs.
Here’s all the stuff Apple TV Plus is making available for free
- The Elephant Queen: A documentary, narrated by Chiwetel Ejiofor, that takes audiences across the African savannah, and into the heart of an elephant family
- Little America: A series that goes beyond the headlines to look at the stories of immigrants in America
- Servant: A new thriller from M. Night Shymalan
- For All Mankind: A series about what would happen if the space race had never ended.
- Dickinson: An inside look at the world of writer Emily Dickinson.
- Helpsters: A kids show with puppets
- Snoopy in Space: Uh, it’s Snoopy… in Space.
That’s it. While it’s not as big as the selection HBO recently offered, it’s nice to see Apple throw us a bone like this. Amazon recently did the same thing, but it was all kids shows, which I’m sure parents could appreciate. But seriously, who’s complaining.
Apple TV Plus normally costs $5 a month but if you recently purchased a new Apple product like an iPhone, iPad, or anything else under the Apple umbrella, you automatically get 12-months free of the service, so you may already have the service for free without even knowing it. Either way, for the folks without a subscription, jump on these free shows.
- Apple TV and the new Apple TV Plus get a standalone app and original programming
- Tim Cook thinks ‘Friends’ reruns on Apple TV would be lame
- It turns out that Apple’s App Store also suffers from deceptive “fleeceware” apps
- Apple is working on a face shield for medical workers – plans on shipping 1 million per week
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. Click here for more.