Can you use Apple AirPods with non-Apple products?
The answer might surprise you.
Apple’s AirPods have been a game-changing wireless earbud option for many people throughout the world.
The convenience and style that Apple brought to the table have made other companies like Samsung follow suit with their own lifestyle earbud products.
With Apple’s ecosystem being so close-knit, however, can you use your AirPods with other Bluetooth-enabled devices?
Can you use AirPods with non-Apple products?
- Short answer: Yes
Somewhat surprisingly, you can, in fact, use your Apple AirPods with devices outside of Apple’s range. This means that your Android phones and other Bluetooth-equipped devices like laptops and such can be connected to your earbuds.
We’ll show you how below.
How to connect AirPods to non-Apple products
- Head to your settings menu on the device
- Find the Bluetooth section (on Android, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth)
- Confirm that Bluetooth is turned on
- On your AirPods, open the case (with the AirPods still inside) and hold the setup button located on the back of the case
- Wait for the white flashing light located between the seats for the AirPods
- Your AirPods should now appear in the list of Bluetooth devices found in the menu
That’s it, your AirPods should now work with whatever device you paired them with!
Did you try connecting your AirPods to another device? Did you have any issues? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- 8 wireless earbud alternatives that aren’t AirPods
- It looks like Amazon is working on an AirPods competitor
- “Hey Siri” support is possibly coming to Apple’s newest AirPods
- Own AirPods? Here’s how to use them as a spying device