Yup, sounds like Apple totally has noise-canceling AirPods in the works
About time, honestly.
We’ve been hearing about a possible set of Apple AirPods with Active Noise Canceling for some time, and now we know that they’re coming, and also what they might look like.
Noise-canceling AirPods shown in iOS 13.2 beta icon assets
When Slashleaks showed some purported AirPods 3 pictures last month (shown above), I thought they looked more like a copycat from another company. It seems I was mistaken, as the physical leaks match closely to the accessibility icon found by 9to5Mac.
The new AirPods look larger, and will probably come with some sort of silicone cup to fit snugly into your ear so the noise canceling can work effectively.
More details about the upcoming Apple AirPods:
- The physical design looks more like the original, wired buds than the slimline AirPods we have today
- Code references in the OS suggest some features, like different listening modes and the model code B298
- The icon showing the design was found in the accessibility assets, suggesting that the new AirPods can also be used as a hearing aid
It’s about time that Apple tweaked the AirPods design to fit into more people’s ears properly, and also to add noise canceling. They’re still the only premium true wireless earbud for many, with a whole industry of copycats trying to take the crown with better features. Will the noise-canceling AirPods come with an ear-splitting pricetag?
- Why Uber Eats in a small town simply doesn’t work
- Microsoft just brought a lot of new Surface devices to the table, check them out here
- Apple will release its movies in theaters before streaming them because that’s how it works, right?
- Incognito mode for Google Maps is rolling out now – here’s how to use it