Here’s how to appear offline on Facebook Messenger
Sometimes you don’t want people to know you’re online.
Want to appear offline on Facebook Messenger? It’s super easy to make sure you don’t get disturbed.
Facebook Messenger is a popular app used by people all across the globe for engaging in conversation, both text and voice, accompanied by SMS messages. It’s an excellent way to stay connected with your friends.
Sometimes, however, you’re put in situations where you might not want to appear online or don’t feel like being bothered with messages. Luckily, there are ways to accomplish that.
How to appear offline on Facebook Messenger
Going offline on Facebook is super easy, but not all the user are aware of the right steps. The following post will guide you on how to appear offline on Facebook Messenger and the desktop Facebook Chat. Let’s get started with the first one:
Facebook web app
If you’re using Facebook from the web browser, then you might have noticed that within it, there are two different apps; Facebook Messenger and Facebook chat. It’s confusing.
It likes two different application links to similar messages available in the inbox, but both work differently and offer different options.
You need to perform the following steps to go offline on Facebook Messenger:
1. Login into your Facebook account and then click on the Messenger icon available on the left side of the screen. This will open the Messenger for the web.
Alternatively, click on the Messenger icon on the blue bar available on the top-right side and click on the link “See all in Messenger.”
2. Next, click on the Gear icon available on the top-left corner and select Settings.
3. A new settings window will open up, here, you need to move the slider for “Show when you’re active” to OFF position.
After making the changes, click on the Done button.
Here’s what you need to do to appear offline on Facebook Chat:
1. Click on the Gear icon (Next to the Search box) available on the Facebook Chat panel visible on the bottom right side of the screen.
2. In the menu, you will find the various options, have a close look at “Turn Off Active StatusChat” (Similar option discussed above) and “Turn Off Video and Voice Calls,” hopefully, clear right? You can disable them separately, depending on what you need.
If you select “Turn Off Active Status a new dialog box will few options comes up, choose one suits your requirement.
After making the changes, click OK.
Similarly, if you select Turn Off Video/Voice calls, a new dialog box will open up, choose the option that fits your requirements.
Facebook app for iOS and Android
1. Launch Messenger app on your Phone
2. Tap on the Profile picture icon. On Android, you will find it on the upper right corner, while on the iOS device, it will on the top left corner on.
3. Here, you need the tap on the Active Status option.
4. On the next screen, you need to move the “Show when you’re active slider” to OFF position.
- Here’s how to delete that embarrassing YouTube history
- How to delete your Google Maps location history
- Four secret Evernote features and how to use them