How to check your AirPods battery level
You can check your AirPods battery level on basically any Apple device.
Quick Answer: Checking your AirPods battery level is best done from your iPhone. Simply hold the case close to your iPhone and open it. A prompt on your phone will show your AirPods battery level.
If you own a pair of AirPods or AirPods Pro, it’s nice to quickly figure out how much battery life you have remaining.
We’ll show you the best ways to check your battery life on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. That way, you’ll know how much AirPods and AirPods Pro battery life you have left in the tank.
As a bonus, most of these methods also show you how much charge is left in the case.
How to check your AirPods battery life across Apple devices
Regardless of what Apple device you have your AirPods attached to, you can check the battery life in just a few steps.
How to check your AirPods battery life on iPhone and iPad
On your iPhone or iPad you’ve got three options for checking AirPods battery life:
- Hold the AirPods case near your iPhone or iPad, then flip the case open. You’ll see an animated pop-up of your AirPods and their case.
- Add one of the three battery widgets to your Home Screen or a different screen. You’ll need at least one AirPod in the case to see the case’s battery percentage.
- Tap the AirPlay icon (the square with the triangle). It can be located in the Control Center, audio apps, or your Lock Screen. You will see your AirPods battery percentage if connected to your iPhone or iPad.
Now you know how to find out the battery percentage on your iPhone or iPad. Let’s go through the rest of the Apple devices.
How to check your AirPods battery life on Mac
On your Mac, it’s quick to check the battery level of your AirPods:
- Make sure your AirPods are connected, then flip up the case while near the Mac
- Click the Bluetooth icon at the top right corner
You’ll get a drop-down that will show your AirPods battery levels. To see the charge left in the case, have at least one AirPod in the case while the lid is open.
How to check the AirPods battery on Apple Watch
Finally, you can check your AirPods battery life directly from your Apple Watch:
- Connect your AirPods to your Apple Watch
- Swipe up from the bottom edge to open Control Center
- Tap the battery percent icon
That will show you the battery life of your Apple Watch at the top, then your AirPods, and the reserve in your AirPods Case.
This method will also show the battery life of your AirPods if they’re connected to your iPhone, instead of to your Apple Watch.
If you’re unable to get to your other devices, or can’t reach them, you’ve still got some options.
Siri: This provides a hands-free way of checking the battery. Say “Siri, AirPods battery?” and she’ll tell you all you want to know.
Case LED: Okay, this doesn’t exactly give you exact amounts, but it still works. While your AirPods are in the case, flip the lid open. The LED will be green if your AirPods are fully charged.
When the AirPods aren’t in the case, that LED shows the charge status of the case. Green is fully charged; Amber is less than one full charge remaining.
AirPods battery tone: Each individual AirPod will play a tone when it gets to 10-percent battery life, and then another tone before it completely runs out of juice.
Now you know everything you need to know about keeping informed on the battery level of your AirPods. If you find your battery is draining faster than you think it should, it’s time to contact Apple Support.
- How to connect two AirPods to one phone
- Here’s how to screen record on iPhone
- How to make AirPods and AirPods Pro louder
- How to factory reset your iPhone
Just a heads up, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the sale. It’s one of the ways we keep the lights on here. Click here for more.