Tech Hangover: iOS 14 leaks keep on coming
We get it, you have a life. There’s no way you can read all of the day’s news in one single shot, let alone visit every web page, which is why we’re here to help. Well, sort of.
There’s a ton of tech news we weren’t able to cover throughout the day (hey, give us a break, we’re a small independent outfit), so to help you stay up to speed with everything we didn’t get to, we rounded up some of the biggest stories, which should help you keep up to date. Hence the tech hangover.
Here’s some tech news you probably missed out on today (and when we say you, we mean us, but also…you).
Leaked iOS 14 code obtained by 9to5Mac corroborates many details about what to expect from Apple’s upcoming hardware refreshes, including the new iPad Pro, iPhone 9, and AirTags. Apple is also developing a new Apple TV remote, the code indicates. – 9to5Mac
Whisper, you literally have one job – keep shit a secret. SMH.
Whisper, the anonymous messaging app beloved by teens and tweens the world over, has a problem: it’s not as anonymous as we’d thought. The platform is only the latest that brands itself as private by design while leaking sensitive user data into the open, according to a damning Washington Post report out earlier today. – Gizmodo
This is a big moment for Google and the company’s CEO knows it. So it’s good to see they’re not taking this lightly.
Since Covid-19 began to spread, Google has aggressively intervened in some of its most popular online services to limit the spread of misinformation. This is a departure for a company that has relied heavily on software and automation to index and rank information throughout its 22-year existence. – Bloomberg
Hackers are evolving.
And in just case you missed some of our stuff earlier, here’s what you may have missed:
- Call of Duty: Warzone battle royale is a throbbing (up to)100GB download
- The best crowdfunding campaigns to check out in March 2020
- How to choose a home NAS for your storage needs
- How to choose drives for your home NAS
- Facebook will soon let you share your Facebook Stories to Instagram
- PSA: You can totally clean your iPhone with disinfectant wipes, Apple says it’s OK
- Add an extra PS4 DualShock controller to the mix for just
- This company was just exposed for secretly harvesting user data through VPN and ad-blocking apps
- Anker has a bunch of charging gear up for grabs in a big one-day sale
- Call of Duty: Warzone drops today – what to expect in this plunderific battle royale
- The best alternatives to building a PC