Apple might launch a new version of the AirPods (with a new design) within the year
They will be more expensive, of course.
Ya boi Ming-Chi Kuo is back at it again with another slice of hot fresh Apple news. Recently, Kuo reported that Apple was working on a new 6k mini-LED screen and before that, news regarding Apple and wireless charging.
We expect Apple will likely launch two new AirPods models in 4Q19 at the earliest. One is the all-new form factor design at a higher price. The other’s outlook and price will be the same as the current model’s.
Oh, now that is interesting
According to Kuo, Apple will not only be releasing a version that is similar to the current version, but the company could be working on an even more expensive, new design. AirPods have been one of the Apple’s most successful products in recent years, and while the company doesn’t release sales numbers on headphones, Kuo estimates the company will ship 52 million pairs in 2019, with 2020 estimates being over 75 million.
With companies like Microsoft, Amazon, and Samsung getting into the wireless bud game, it makes sense that Apple will once again look to differentiate itself from the crowd. But let’s be honest here, Apple hasn’t done anything truly innovative in quite some time, but hey, the company knows how to market its products.
- AT&T says it will be shipping out Samsung’s Galaxy Fold in mid-June
- You’ll soon be able to return your Amazon orders to Kohl’s stores nationwide
- The FAA just approved Wing as the first US-based drone delivery service
- Apple will now fix your MacBook keyboard issues within a day
- Microsoft Paint isn’t going anywhere, will remain part of Windows 10