All the PAX East 2019 coverage you might have missed over the weekend
There’s a lot to digest here, but if you missed the show, this is where you want to be.
PAX East 2019 is officially in the books. Over the weekend, Penny Arcade held its annual video game conference in Boston, MA – where gaming developers and gaming fans are all stuffed under the same roof. As expected, the event was packed and it drew tens of thousands of folks to the Boston Convention Center. Whether your cup of tea is indie games, AAA titles, board games, or basically anything related to gaming, PAX East is where you wanted to be.
We covered a lot. Whether it was hands-on demos, discovering new indie titles or the general hardware write up – we did it all. If you didn’t have your browser tuned to KnowTechie over the weekend and want to see what you might have missed, we’ll round up everything below. Again, it’s a lot. But if you’re looking for some content to digest while you’re trying to kill some time between a load screen, we got you.
Here’s all the 2019 PAX East coverage you probably may have missed over the weekend
- Katana Zero may be Devolver’s spiritual follow up to Hotline Miami
- I played Biomutant at PAX East 2019 and it was not worth the wait
- The Aorus AD27QD monitor is one of the coolest things I saw at PAX East
- Super Cane Magic Zero nearly gave me an anxiety attack
- Warsaw is a historically accurate strategy RPG with style
- Panzer Paladin is a retro platformer with mechs and weapons
- Hands-on: Cyber Shadow – PAX East 2019
- Mixer is partnering with Cybersmile to create the Unawareness Movement
- Mixer’s “season 2” is underway -here’s what it means for streamers
- Hands-on – Shovel Knight: King of Cards – PAX East 2019
- Jackbox Party Pack 6 is launching this fall – PAX East 2019
- Mario & Sonic are heading back to the Olympics in 2020
- The Sega Genesis Mini will launch in September with 40 games
- Hands-on: Dusk for the Nintendo Switch – PAX East 2019
- Gearbox announced a Penn & Teller VR game at PAX East and it couldn’t be any more magical
- Here are the games coming to the Oculus Quest
- Space Cows is a side-scrolling, twin-stick shooter with some interesting twists
- RAD is a post-apocalyptic dungeon crawler with unique visuals
- Hands-On: Shovel Knight Showdown – PAX East 2019
- Ash from Evil Dead is coming to Dead by Daylight
- Hands-on: Bless Unleashed – PAX East 2019
- Telefrag VR is a fast-paced shooter that is reminiscent of old-school arena shooters
- Bulletstorm: Duke of Switch shoots its way onto the Nintendo Switch this summer
- Hands-On: KUNAI – PAX East 2019
- Hands-On: Windjammers 2 – PAX East 2019
- Borderlands 3 official trailer is finally here and it is glorious
- Hands-On: Mortal Kombat 11 on Nintendo Switch
- Hands-on: Days Gone is a gorgeous, high-octane zombie shooter
- Hands-on: The new Samurai Shodown is fast, brutal, and most importantly, fun
- Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled may be the Dark Souls of kart racers
That’s about it. According to Josh, we still have some content in the works that we weren’t able to publish in time, but we’ll be sure to get it out later this week.
Overall, PAX East 2019 was a solid show. We were hoping for more groundbreaking news, but we’re happy with what everyone put out for the show. It was an exhausting week for sure, but it comes with the territory. Be sure to read what you can and share with your friends.
What PAX East news was most exciting to you? Was there anything you had hoped for that wasn’t announced? Let us know down below in the comments or carry the discussion over to our Twitter or Facebook.
- Call of Duty swatter sentenced to serve 20 years in prison
- You can now play the classic game Snake on Google Maps
- Amazon Prime members can now score a year worth of Nintendo Switch Online for free
- Maingear announces all-new Vybe enthusiast platform to rock your liquid cooled gaming PC world
- Sony is putting a stop to digital game codes being sold at retailers like GameStop